Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chinese New Year - Bake Along CNY Cookies - Pandan Cookies






                             Was very busy lately with ceramics.
















                                               But it is going to be Chinese New Year soon.











Decided to bake at least one type of Chinese New Year Cookie.





Made this green plate using geranium leaves. 
Finally found some time to bake at least one type of Chinese New Year Cookie. Pandan cookies. Sis told me there is a Bake Along fun organized by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, Lena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids 




Photobucket



I guess I have to be just content with at least one cookie type while ogling at others' creations in Joyce's, Zoe's or Lena's blog. Hahahaha.


Happy Chinese New Year!


7 comments:

  1. I stumbled your blog because of the title of your blog "Desperate Housewife". Perhaps you are a fan of the serial like I am? :) I'm submitting my post for Bake Along as well (no. 166 - Matcha Pisatchio Cookies). And your works are beautiful. I am bad at handcrafting, ceramics-making, etc XD Nice to meet you^___^

    Jessica A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ceramics & the coconut pandan cookies look yummy too . Glad that you join in the fun & Bake Along the festive season !

    ReplyDelete
  3. One type of CNY cookies is better than none :p

    You must be happy that you have baked very delicious Asian style cookies for your CNY. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zoe, yes I am glad . The lists in the Bake Along is very motivating. I will refer back your this list for recipes next CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! And the geranium leaves plate is lovely!
    The pandan cookies is just perfect for CNY!
    Thanks for linking!
    Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi yueky, happy to see your post with us! i believe that these pandan cookies will be very well received by your family members..i really admire your ceramic works..they are beautiful! here's taking the opportunity to wish you a very happy chinese new year, gong xi gong xi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!

    This is a wonderful blog! I actually stumbled on your blog while looking for a recipe for the black forest cake. What a coincidence to read that you are also an expat in the Netherlands! Originally from Canada, I moved here a little bit more than a year ago and now I'm living in Utrecht. I'm very much into baking, but sometimes I find it difficult to find the same ingredients (something as generic back at home like cornstarch or gelatin powder) in Dutch supermarkets. Any word of advice for finding/buying baking supplies and ingredients in the Netherlands? Anyway, since I read that you celebrate Chinese New Year, I'm testing my luck here, but would you know any authentic Chinese restaurants in NL where you can get "dim sum"? :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete